One of my pals at Indie Ignites, Leigh Talbert Moore, is also in a group called the Indelibles. The Indelibles are doing a wonderful "pay it forward" kind of blog hop July 2nd through July 5th to celebrate indie authors.
Since I probably couldn't word it better than they did, here's the gist of it (copied and pasted):
This INDIEpendence day, the Indelibles would like to celebrate indie authors (self-published and small-press) by holding up examples of outstanding indie works. We believe that amazing works of fiction can be found in indie novels. By highlighting and bringing greater awareness to quality indie books, people will find great books to read, indie authors get support, and we continue to change hearts and minds about the gems that can be found among self-published and small-press novels.
WIN all around!
Will you join us?
Here's how it works:
- PICK A BOOK: Pick an indie (self-published or small press) book that you either HAVE READ AND LOVED or WANT TO READ.
- WRITE A POST: On INDIEpendence day (July 2nd), write a post about that book. It can be a review, an interview with the author, or simply a post highlighting the book. In your post, be sure to include: 1) HOW you found out about the book and 2) WHY you liked it (or WHY you want to read it). Make it easy for people to sample your indie author by providing buy links as well.
- DO A GIVEAWAY (optional): You can give away swag, or a copy of the indie book you're highlighting, or don't do a giveaway at all - it's up to you!
- IMPORTANT: you may NOT highlight your own novel or one of the Indelible's novels (this is a Pay It Forward event!)
- GO TO GOODREADS (optional): Add the Indie book or books you're featuring to our ever-growing INDIEpendence Day List.
Doesn't that sound great? If you'd like to sign up to highlight an indie book, click HERE to go to the Indelibles' post for the form and a description of what one random host will win for participating!
I can't wait to share the indie author love (hint: the book I'm featuring is a YA about Motocross) and hopefully find some new books to read as well! See you at the blog hop!