WRITE FOR YOU: Part 2

"Write what you care about and understand. Writers should never try to outguess the marketplace in search of a salable idea; the simple truth is that all good books will eventually find a publisher if the writer tries hard enough, and a central secret to writing a good book is to write on that people like you will enjoy."

~Richard North Patterson

Wow. I love this quote. And I came across this post I hate trends on the Dystel & Godrich blog yesterday, which pretty much sums up the quote mentioned above.

Bottom line, write the story you heart wants to tell, not what you think is going to sell. (Though both would be the perfect combination!)


Currently inspired by: Breathe Electric - Stay With Me


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great advice! I agree that if your passionate about what you're righting, others will be passionate too!

Anonymous said...

btw, that was DeAuna's comment ; )

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Oh hello there, DeAuna! =) And I couldn't agree more with what you/anonymous said! (hee hee)

Lola Sharp said...

I AGREE. (with NOT writing for trends)

And, hey, what happened to the owls?

Hugs,
Lola

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Lola...

They're here, not sure if they show for everyone though. Had to switch blog designs... still trying to find one I actually, really like (and know how to put on here). =)