Light 'Em Up: Igniting This Summer's Writing Inspiration

Writers look for (and find) inspiration everywhere, including throughout the artistic and unique melodies and words in music. ST Bende and I are over at the Indie Ignites blog sharing our current writing inspiration (including Fall Out Boy, Of Monsters and Men, and Philip Philips). 

We were trying to keep the post short, but two more current inspirations for me (one sparking ideas in my head for years now) are 

1) Mayday Parade's A Lesson in Romantics album (You Be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground, I'll Be The Wings That Keep Your Heart In The Clouds being my absolute favorite song ever and inspiration for If I Speak True a couple years ago -- link)

and 

2) Hillsong United's ZION album (Mercy Mercy, reloaded being one of the ones I can have on a loop and just keep writing forever -- the louder the better -- link)

Whether you too are looking for some writerly inspiration, or simply wanting to enjoy some new songs this summer, I'm sure you find a few you like. :) Check our post out HERE and share some of your current favorite songs with us! See you there!


No comments: