Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To My Best Friend

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is:

Top Ten Books I'd Recommend to My Best Friend*

based on the fact that if the book was the first of a series, they would willingly read the entire series and not just the first book because you have to read them allllll!

This is an eclectic list (all YA) -- ranging from contemporary to dystopian to sci-fi to time travel to historical fiction. I basically chose books that entertained me and/or stuck with me long after I'd read them. (Books with ** are recommended for mature YA audiences only -- if you'd like to know why I have rated them that way, feel free to ask!)


 1) Hourglass

Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)

Read more about Hourglass, HERE.


2) The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)

Read more about The Knife of Never Letting Go, HERE.


3) Unwind

Unwind (Unwind, #1)

Read more about Unwind, HERE.


4) Revolution

Revolution

Read about Revolution, HERE.


5) The House of the Scorpion

The House of the Scorpion

Read about The House of The Scorpion, HERE.


6) The False Prince

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)

Read about The False Prince, HERE.


7) The Sea of Tranquility **

The Sea of Tranquility

Read about The Sea of Tranquility, HERE.


8) False Memory

False Memory (False Memory, #1)

Read more about False Memory, HERE.


9) Stupid Fast **

Stupid Fast

Read more about Stupid Fast, HERE.


10) Jellicoe Road **

Jellicoe Road

Read more about Jellicoe Road, HERE.

Bonus pick: 

11) Tamar: A Novel of Espionage, Passion, and Betrayal ** 

Tamar: A Novel of Espionage, Passion, and Betrayal

This book really, REALLY stuck with me. If you liked Code Name Verity (or enjoy reading historical fiction from the WWII era, in general), you will probably like Tamar. It's by another Australian author (like Melina Merchetta of Jellicoe Road, above) and I was kept guessing as to the true story of Tamar pretty much the entire time. It still comes to me from time to time (I read it last March) and I'm just like, Whoa. So yeah. Here's one more I plan to eventually own and I just *had* to put it on my list as well. :)

Read more about Tamar: A Novel of Espionage, Passion, and Betrayal, HERE.