#FinallyFriday {5}: Noble Warrior


Finally Friday is a meme started by me (Jessica, aka @coffeelvnmom) and J from @life_love_fandomsThis week's I-finally-read-this-waiting-on-Wednesday-book is: Noble Warrior.
Noble Warrior



Noble Warrior was a gritty, fast-paced read that kept me turning pages into the wee hours of the morning. (Fights! Bang! Boom! Mean people! Everybody fend for themselves! Jerk faces galore!!! MOAR fighting! Liars! BIG FIGHT!) I had no idea until about halfway through Noble Warrior that it was book two in a series! Nevertheless, book one wasn't really needed to read NW, as Mr. Sitomer tied everything together well with quick explanations here and there—there was never long backstory or anything.



As for the premise of Noble Warrior, the blurb pretty much explains it all. What you don’t expect, however, is 1) how graphic it’ll be and 2) how much you’re going to continually question everything. I was never completely sure who was actually on Daniels’ side up to the very end! So many characters turned out to be different people than I thought they were! The constant back and forth is one of the things that kept me turning the pages. I loved that about NW. I *had* to know what was going to happen next.

Speaking of what was going to happen, the ending surprised me. I don’t want to say anymore than that, because spoilers, but man, that one turn kinda made me sad. Was it a set up for book three? Yeah. But still. :( 

(Am I going to read the next book? Heck yes.)

If you like vivid descriptions, martial arts, frank talk between guys, and enjoy reading about gang and FBI politics, OR are looking for something different and bold, I highly recommend Noble Warrior.*

*Though the MC was of normal YA character age, due to graphic violence, crude language, and sexual references, I’d say Noble Warrior is most definitely for *mature* YA audiences only.

No comments: