Hello.

I don't blog much anymore. The reason behind this is I'm either reading, writing, or doing personal mom/wife/other. I'm not sad that I don't blog. In fact, I was sadder when I tried to keep it up. The time invested into writing something on here that could have been used somewhere else bothered me.

So I turned to Twitter. To Instagram. Those were the ways I stayed connected. I mean, sure, I still stalk people's WoW posts and hit up the blogroll every so often, but Facebook and Instagram and Twitter, especially, was where I stayed in the know.

Lately, though, it seems like Twitter is slow. Or... hibernating. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Like conversations aren't really going anywhere? Like we're all yelling out into the distance, giving our heads-ups and our this-is-up-for-a-giveaways and checking out before anyone responds?

Is it me? Is it the lack of anyone wanting to talk to me, specifically? Or is the lack of people having time for things, and part of the whole "holidays"?

I'm not sure what's going on, but it makes me sad. The fact that I check in a couple times a day and don't see a whole lot of interaction (well, nothing compared to how busy it was a few months ago, anyhow) puts a frown on my face (and that's not good, because frowning makes me look like a fish).

Figured perhaps there are others feeling the same way. So I just wanted to say... hey.

Hey. How are you? What are you doing? What's new in your neck of the woods? Whatcha reading? Whatcha watching? How's the weather? What are you currently looking forward to?

Tell me what's up with you. I really, truly DO want to know. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Twitter has been lame (at least for the past week or so) due to NaNoWriMo. Seems readers became writers and that will be the sole focus of this month!

I know you don't know me, but I'm good! I've been waiting on a job interview call back all week and I'm going crazy. I'm currently participating in Non-Fiction November, so I'm reading Asylum by William Seabrook and Sounds Like Me by Sara Bareilles. Not watching anything much recently, but I've been listening to Alive by Sia on repeat for about a week and a half. It snowed last night! First snow of the year in Denver. I'm looking forward to my new blog feature about getting books for cheap - starts tomorrow.

What are YOUR answers to all of these questions? :)

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

You know, you're probably spot on about NaNo. It sure does pull everyone away from the usual book yapping. ;)

Glad to hear you've been good! Have you gotten "the call" yet? I hadn't heard about Non-Fiction November, but what a lovely idea! And Sia! Love her. Also, SNOW... how nice! Doesn't snow in this particular area of Cali, but it has finally gotten cooler (quite suddenly, which was weird), so that's nice. I'm going to head over to your blog and check out the feature!

As for me, I'm well! Working on a bunch of different projects at the moment. Guess that works for the "what's new", too. :) Trying to get a few books read, but the days are too short! ;) Currently reading The Age of Miracles. Kinda funny: my friend Eugenia in Australia sent it to me, and it's written by an author from the US about a character in California (where I live)! Not too far into it yet, but I love her writing.
I'm looking forward to getting some books read and also Christmas. :D

Be blessed!