It's my birthday! and this week's writerly news:

So I'm officially 35. And have three amazing teenagers. (Youngest turned 13 yesterday.) And have a book out, another one coming out soon, more in the works, and reader and writerly friends galore thanks to the interwebs. Plus good friends here, you know, where I live. Not to mention a husband who loves me no matter what and brings me coffees all the time -- he's been so supportive the past five years of this whole writing journey and I feel really, really blessed by ALL of these things I mentioned. :D 

Quick update on all the happenings this week:

Tuesday I participated in the Top Ten Tuesday meme -- this week's topic was Top Ten Character Names I Love and it was so fun seeing everyone's choices! Of course I could NOT make up my mind and also had to add random notes! (link)

Wednesday I was over at Operation Awesome talking about writers being mascots (link)... Here's a photo of my (now) 13 year-old a few days ago being a mascot on Tuesday:

 photo Picture95_zpsa04f0b11.png

My #JLBBirthdayBash ends tomorrow... if you haven't checked it out, it really is worth it (even if you do the free entries, that's one *click* for quite a few great things). Also, it's not up there, but both US and International winners will ALSO receive an eARC of my forthcoming IF I SPEAK TRUE (when it's ready in a couple of weeks)!!! (link)

Hafsah's Unbreathable (featured on both of the giveaways -- she's also my designer for like, everything) is now officially out... so even if you don't win either giveaway, her "race for earth" premise really is intriguing and I suggest you check it out (plus the whole good guy, bad guy thing... I tend to always go for the meanie *cough* ROWAN *cough* for some reason). You can find it HERE.

Thursday I had the pleasure of conducting my first "reader" interview with the lovely Kate Tilton, and the first part of it is featured HERE.

And today, well, today I am the big 3-5 and I am celebrating. So here's to another blessed year, to lots of virtual cookies and coffee being shared, and to many productive things and meeting even more friends. Happy Friday, guys! 

Be blessed!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jess! I'm glad it was a good one!

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Thanks, Kate!