November's Reader Interview with Madi (@NeverTrustDucky), part one




November's reader is Madisyn, whom I actually met on Instagram (shout-out to social media!) Thanks so much for being here, Madi! 


Hey there! I’m so happy to be here! J Thanks for inviting me!



How long have you been avidly reading YA? Was there a particular book that got you into reading YA in the first place?



Well, I’ve been into reading for a long time. I loved any book by Wendy Mass, and she had two YA books, Leap Day and Heaven Looks a lot like the Mall. Those were my first two YA books I read, and ever since then I’ve been avidly reading!



You recently went to Yallfest. How many books did you end up getting signed, and what was your most memorable experience?

I believe I came home with 36 signed books. Not completely sure though! It was such of an amazing experience! I went there and was able to meet many of my Instagram followers and friends. I met a ton of awesome people while waiting in lines, and I met a ton of authors. Everyone was so down to earth and awesome, and I’m really hoping to go back next year! Will you be attending Yallwest in Santa Monica? J

Wow, 36??? That's so great! And finally, a west coast event! I would love to go! We'll see! 


Do you have a favorite book quote?

I’m not sure if you’re talking about a quote about books or a quote from a book, but one of my favorite quotes is from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, “Songs are as sad as the listener.” But then my favorite book quote is from A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly, “I listened as the words became sentences and the sentences became pages and the pages became feelings and voices and places and people.” 

I LOVE A Northern Light! Such a great book!


Have you ever heard a song on the radio/TV and immediately thought of a scene from a book? If so, what was it, and what book did it make you think of?

Oh, yes! All the time! I just thought of one yesterday, but I can’t remember what it was. But anytime I hear Warrior by Beth Crowley, it makes me think of books. It reminds me of any weak (at the time) female protagonist training to like save the world. Often times I think of Tris, but it all depends on my mood and what book I’m currently reading.


Favorite book boyfriend (hard to narrow it down to just one, I know):

This is a very mean, hard question. I hope you know that! I used to keep a list in middle school of all my book boyfriends, but I lost it and acquired many more. *thinks for 20 minutes* This is like such a hard question though because even though I can love a guy, he might be different after the books or if he was in the real world! UGH! Ummm…I probably will pick Jase Garrett from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.

Good choice! (Love his big family, too!)


How about your OTP:

OTPS! Well, I honestly have two: Maxerica (Maxon and America from The Selection) for times when people actually want to fangirl with me and understand. But my ultimate OTP is Beth and Derek from Sing Me to Sleep, but no one ever knows who they are and understands and things get complicated.

Okay now I have to add SMtS to my TBR! 


Favorite YA title (as in, the wording of the title itself):

I love the Mara Dyer books. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and The Retribution of Mara Dyer. They’re so obviously in the same series, and they show the actions of the book so well without actually expressing what is happening.


What character would you never want to be stranded with on a deserted island?

I would have to say Professor Umbridge. No one can stand her. She’s crazy and controlling, and I just-no.


If you could be friends with one secondary character in real life, who would you choose, and why?

Ohmigod, Kenji! Most definitely Kenji!  He could totally save my life and help me out. He’s smart. He’s strong. He can be invisible, but he’s extremely outgoing and can make any situation light-hearted and yeah.

(For those of you who don't know, Kenji is from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi.)


What merits a book making its way to your favorites list?

Honestly it’s not hard to get 5 stars from me. If a book makes me feel a lot of emotion and I get emotionally attached, I will give it 5 stars. But just because I give a book 5 stars, doesn’t mean it’s my favorite. It has to really strongly affect me, and if I feel like I would spend time rereading it, it would be a favorite because I don’t have time to reread books.


If someone borrowed a book from you, what would be the first thing they’d notice?

This is a pretty awesome question. Unless it is an almost brand new book, someone would probably notice that I dog-ear my book pages. The only time I don’t is when I get a brand new book, but then 90% of the time I leave my bookmarks in there.


Name the most recent book that made you laugh:

Either Ignite Me or The Retribution of Mara Dyer. I absolutely love Kenji who amuses me very much, but there were so many amusing Ebola jokes in Retribution. Does that make me sound bad? They weren’t like bad jokes, but just simple little things that amused me. 


Come back tomorrow for November's reader interview with Madisyn, part two! :) In the meantime, feel free to connect with Madi, here: Blog | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Figment | Pinterest 



No comments: