Last year, I had quite the detailed list, including unique blog titles, great reading challenges, and some of my favorite memes. This year, I'm going to keep the post a bit simpler with my 11 reasons; then sharing some challenges I've come across recently that you might want to participate in! So, without further ado...
11 REASONS WHY I LOVE BOOK BLOGGERS
1) Honesty. Yep. That's one thing you're always going to find with bloggers. They're honest not only about their bookish opinions, but about what's going on in their lives, what they care about, their interests, their families, and then some. (Which makes you want to meet them IRL even more. *cries*)
2) Discoverers. I have found sooooo many books under the radar that have become my very favorites, all because bloggers have taken the time to SHARE them on social media! KEEP SHARING, MY FRIENDS!
3) The squee-factor, same as last year. They read/squee. I read/squee. Then we all squee together. It's fangirl/guying at its finest, and one of my favorite things about bookish camaraderie. And it never. Gets. Old.
4) Talkers. (Even if not much of that is actually done in person.) Booktube. Book chats. Twitter. Interviews. There are soooo many ways to engage in great book conversation, all because bloggers make themselves available for book discussions.
5) Reviewers. Bloggers spend so much of their lives reading books for the sole reason that they've agreed to write out their opinions afterwards. (I agree to read about five, and I'm in a panic. How do I say it all? How do I not offend people? How do I make my review worth the authors giving me their books? How is this not more stressful for more people? How can you do that all year long? It's amazing.) Cookies to all of you.
6) Encouragers. I mean, yeah, books are our top love, but bloggers are there for so many people with words of advice and encouragement. They are so quick to build each other up!
7) Committed. Life is full of drama. Blogging is full of drama. Reading is full of drama. (Ha.) And yet, bloggers are committed to not giving up. They keep at it for whatever reasons, and that makes them awesome. *shakes pom poms*
8) Sharing. There's not much competition in the blogosphere. It's not about who has the most of anything. Instead, everyone's posts and feelings are celebrated and discussed and passed to one another (encouraging the boosting of Facebook feeds (Boost It Tuesdays), and hosting a place to post weekly reviews, giveaways and the like at Saturday Situation are just two examples of what I mean).
9) Creativity. Becca from Pivot Point Reviews makes totes. Hafsah from IceyBooks makes downloadable wallpapers (and a wholeeee lot of other stuff). Jen from Jenuine Cupcakes makes cupcakes... and so many other bloggers not only read, review, and blog, but they also create awesome ways to spread the bookish word that go beyond the usual blogosphere.
10) Giving. Giveaways, Rafflecopters, sharing ARC love... Bloggers are always doing stuff that will enable readers to get their hands on more reads. YAY.
11) Fun. What can I say? Bloggers are fun. They're enjoyable. They're relatable. They're great to interact with. And I have to say, that's my favorite part. :)
Also, I've been keeping a list on Twitter for quite a while now, so if you're looking for more lovely bloggers to connect with, you can peruse it HERE.
Thank you for all that you do, book bloggers!
Make sure to do a shout-out of your favorite bloggers in the comments! Let's spread the blogger love!