February's #ReaderInterview, part 2: J from @life_love_fandoms



Welcome back to part two of this month's Reader Interview with J! :) If you missed part one you can check it out HERE.


Since we recently finished the Book Boyfriend #k8chat on Twitter and, at the time of me sending this, will be doing a Prince one this upcoming week (yay), tell us about your top three book boyfriends or princes, and what makes them so special.

Will Treaty from the Ranger's Apprentice series. I've been with Will through twelve books, so you can guess that I'd be pretty attached to him. He's a super planner, coffee lover, archery master, cloak-wearer, animal lover, funny, sweet, a pretty talented musician (he also sings), and to top it all off, he also cooks. Believe it or not, that's just the tip of the iceberg. What's not to love?

Peregrine from the Under the Never Sky trilogy. Quiet. Mysterious. Brooding. Peregrine is a character you really have to take your time with. He keeps you guessing for a while and before you know it you're hooked. He's a hunter who's great with a bow and arrow and has excellent observation skills. He's pretty lethal, but he also has a definite soft side. Peregrine's friends and family mean more to him than anything and it clearly shows. He's a sweetheart with a definite edge. All in all he's an incredible character and one I always find myself coming back to.

Logan McEntire from the Courier's Daughter trilogy. Logan is a technological genius. He can build anything he puts his mind to (so long as he has the parts) and has a habit of analyzing every situation and breaking them down into neat lists of best and worst case scenarios. Don't let his brains fool you though, this tech head is incredibly skilled with a sword, as well as with a nifty little weapon of his own creation he calls a "switch". Add that to his sweet and considerate personality, and desire to take care of others, and you'll see why he makes my top three.
 

 
How about your favorite female MC?
 
This is probably the hardest question thus far. I have several girls who are all very deserving of this title, but I'm going to go with Audra from Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger. Audra, to put it simply, is a "get it done" type of girl. She's a seventeen year old Sylph guardian, who protects her charge no matter what it costs her. (You've kind of got to admire her determination.) Even though she's not as popular as Tris she would definitely give her a run for her money in the bravery and toughness department. With that said, she's not some hardcore emotionless robot either. She's relatable (at least to me), clever, and has a fire to her, without being impulsive. (I find that to be rather refreshing) Audra is a unique character and I love seeing how she thinks and feels about everything going on around her.

 
What’s your favorite YA title? (You don’t have to have read it yet.) 
 
Open Thy Heart. I love the title, because it's incorporated into the story. It's not just thrown in though, it actually has a heavy significance. It's poetic, yet I feel like it also helps to shape not only the book itself, but the series for what is to come. 

Why thank you! :) I love it, too! 

Do you have a favorite line or quote? 

"Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway." ~Maxon Shreave. The One by Kiera Cass
 
*cue tears and feels attacks*


Favorite reading snack?
 
Nutella!!!!!


What’s the oddest thing you’ve used as a bookmark?

I think I used a random coupon I found in my mom's bag. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Indeed they do! ;) 


Thanks so much for being here--I had a lovely time interviewing you!

Check out J's lovely bio, and feel free to connect with her at the places listed below:


8 Things About J:

1. I am terrible at describing myself. (You would think that after 18 years I'd be better at it by now.)
2. I've been running my fandom account on Instagram for almost two years.
3. I'm very passionate about books and music.
4. I'm very creative, but I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to anything creative I do.
5. I firmly believe that coffee is a God-given right; not a privilege.
6. I am currently writing my first book and I'd like to write a trilogy. (Provided I survive this one, of course.)
7. I nickname all of my close friends.
8. When I find a book I love I feel morally obligated to make as many people read it as I possibly can. (Mainly indie novels. I read a lot of those and always want someone to discuss them with.)

Instagram: @life_love_fandoms
Twitter: @lifelovefandoms
Kik: @life_love_fandoms

No comments: