Finally Friday {6}: From a Distant Star


Finally Friday is a meme started by me (Jessica, aka @coffeelvnmom) and J from @life_love_fandomsThis week's I-finally-read-this-waiting-on-Wednesday-book is: From a Distant Star.
From a Distant Star
From a Distant Star was different than I’d expected. I guess that’s my fault… the cover made the book look more like a romance novel, and I made sure *not* to read the blurb because I didn't want anything spoiled.

However, the storyline was still interesting, with more than one turn along the way that I didn’t see coming. (Do not. Trust. Anyone.) 

I felt the storytelling was well executed by doing dual points of view, and the way Ms. McQuestion chose to do Scout’s side worked out quite well.

There were a few lines that made me laugh (which is why I bumped it up from 3 to 3.5 stars), including one where Scout finally *gets* human phraseology and uses it properly in a sentence.



Out of the many characters in From a Distant Star, I’d have to say that Lucas’ brother, Eric, was my favorite. Smart kid, and kind, and exactly what you’d want your own little brother to be like. I wouldn’t have minded if he was in it a little more, and their mom was in it a little less. (Ha.)



If you’d like to read a YA book about aliens, or, more specifically, an alien learning how to adjust to earth + a teen normally not really strong in the standing-up-to-people department well, finally standing up, this book might be for you.

No comments: