Friday Focus: Having the guts to write

"I admire anybody who has the guts to write anything at all." -E.B. White

Perfect quote considering what time of year it is, don't you think? Submissions, queries, critiques... everyone's trying to get their stuff polished up and sent in, and amidst the chaos is a whole lot of frustration and disappointment. Well guess what? I'm proud of each and every one of you writers out there, because having the guts to write in the first place (and stick with it) is a wonderful thing!

Happy Friday!

10 comments:

Lydia Sharp said...

Thank you for this. :)

Jamie Manning said...

Thanks for the hooray! Great boost to the end of a looong week!

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

You're welcome guys! =)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! We all need a pat on the back now and then that only a writer understands :)

Jm Diaz said...

You are one of them! Us... we... you know. And yeah, I've been suffering from writer blues lately. Personally, I think Captain Morgan is the only that can help, but the wife frowns upon this. Sigh.

PS| The word verification just made me smile: it is "fatifkr"

I know.. I'm supposed to be a grown man, but common'.. how can you NOT giggle? Now, I have to type it.... hee, hee, hee

Travener said...

Thanks for the thoughts. Sometimes it's *so* frustrating.

Anne Gallagher said...

Thank you Jessica, that's very nice of you to say.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks, we just keep moving forward....

Robyn Bavati said...

Who was it said: 'Writing is an act of courage'? They were absolutely right. It is.

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Good encouragement, Jessica. I'm proud of you, too!

Amy