#FinallyFriday {4}: End of Days



Finally Friday is a meme started by me (Jessica, aka @coffeelvnmom) and J from @life_love_fandomsThis week's I-finally-read-this-waiting-on-Wednesday-book is: End of Days.
End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3)

So... I enjoyed End of Days, but it was not my favorite out of the three. Without spoiling anything for anyone, I just didn't get enough of Raffe and Penryn. Were they together a lot? Yes. But was there much romance? Not enough for me! (Also, one part explained a bit *too* much for me... Anyone else who read it feel the same way? Hehehe)

As an author, I understand how hard it is to bring so many plot things together (and I've yet to even complete a series, so I know it's not easy). The hype in the first two books I think had to be pushed aside for the grand finale, and that made me sad, because yep, I'll admit it, I was in it for the romance. So while it was good, again, and did have action and such, it just wasn't my favorite. I've seen lots of readers say they loved it, though, and if you've read the first two (or even if you haven't yet), I'd still suggest checking out the entire series!

3 comments:

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

OOh I like this meme! I will have to give it a try the next time I finally read a WoW pick!

Anonymous said...

I've read the first book but not the rest, due to reviews drifting around about how disappointing the last book is. I'm glad you liked it though and I'm thinking to give it a go.

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

YAY! If you do, Eva, I'd love to see it! :D

Readatmidnight: I think it's worth it. I hate not having book closure! LOL!