Imagery in your writing

 photo Picture58_zpsd09c78fd.png
The House of the Scorpion
by Nancy Farmer
I just finished reading The House of The Scorpion and man do I love Nancy's writing. (Recently, I received a coupon from Barnes and Noble in the mail... guess what I'm buying with it? The sequel.) This is one of my favorite descriptions in the book (there were more, but the further I got into it, the faster I read, so I'm going to have to go back and reread it to find the parts I liked). Just had to share, as sentences like these are what pull you into the story and help you see exactly what Ms. Farmer wants to you see. (And is that what all of us writers aspire to do?) 


2 comments:

Faith E. Hough said...

Wow. I love finding bits of writing that are that perfect and inspiring!

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Me too, Faith! :)