Top Ten Characters I'd NEVER Want To Trade Places With


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at
 The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is:

Top Ten Characters I'd NEVER 
Want to Trade Places With:


(I didn't do photos, but each title is linked to Goodreads so you can check out the blurbs and whatnot.) 

1) Thomas from The Maze Runner. Waking up in some sort of elevator shaft only to be in this weird place with guys who talk weird and then a girl and a maze and and and... um, no thanks.

2) Cheyenne from Girl, Stolen. Oh goodness. To not only be taken with a stolen car, but be a blind girl taken with a stolen car? Ack! And she did an amazing job of taking care of herself. Loved it, but I am not sure I would have done as good of a job as did.

3) Gemma from Stolen: A Letter to My Captor. There was so much crazy in this book. And I fell for the guy. Fell! (Can we say, crazy?) But to be Gemma? And actually go through that? This girl was so strong, but. No thanks. 

4) Mary from The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Surrounded by Unconsecrateds (zombies)? Seeing your own mother turn before your very eyes? And then everyyyyyything that happens after that? Nope nope nope.

5) Jude from Jude by Kate Morgenroth. The guy just can't catch a break for so long. I felt for him, over and over, and wanted to invite him over to my house and make him a big dinner and just show him love. (Me being a mom, I guess.)

6) Matteo from The House of the Scorpion. This kid was treated horribly. He went through so much and even though things did change, I wouldn't want to have lived his life. Ever. 

7) Arn from Never Fall Down. This book was based on a true story about Arn Chorn-Pond, and Patricia McCormick told it amazingly well. Broke my heart. Over and over. It's amazing how resilient we humans are. This book makes me want to hug every single refugee in this entire world for the rest of my life.

8) Anyone from the False Memory series: Miranda, Peter, Noah or Olive. Because you aren't who you think you are, ever, and how would it feel to have that sucked away from you over and over and over again? 

9) Rose from Rose Under Fire. Being in a concentration camp, not to mention everything else she and the others were subjected to? Let's just say my heart broke for everyone who actually had to go through that in real life. There are no words.

10) Simon Glass from Shattering Glass. This story. Man. What a mess. And yeah, definitely wouldn't want to be poor Glass.

**Also, why don't we just throw in every single kid who's ever been unwound in the entire Unwind Dystology? (And the clappers, too!) 'Cause... yeah... no thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice choices, I really don't want to be Mary from The Forest -- and everyone in every dystopian book (especially Tris from Divergent because WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO HER!)!