Waiting on Wednesday -- Love Letters to the Dead

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine.  
  This week's can't-wait-to-read pre-publication book is Love Letters to the Dead
Love Letters to the Dead


Love Letters to the Dead

by Ava Dellaira
Publication date: April 1st, 2014

From Goodreads:

It begins as an assignment for English class: Write a letter to a dead person. Laurel chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. And he died young, just like May did. Soon, Laurel has a notebook full of letters to people like Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Amelia Earhart, Heath Ledger, and more; though she never gives a single one of them to her teacher. She writes about starting high school, navigating new friendships, falling in love for the first time, learning to live with her splintering family. And, finally, about the abuse she suffered while May was supposed to be looking out for her. Only then, once Laurel has written down the truth about what happened to herself, can she truly begin to accept what happened to May. And only when Laurel has begun to see her sister as the person she was; lovely and amazing and deeply flawed; can she begin to discover her own path.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm adding this to my wish list now...

Rachel Marie said...

I've seen this one around, but haven't paid much attention to it. But maybe I should, it sounds really interesting!
Rachel @ The NerdHerd Reads

Jenna @ Rather Be Reading YA said...

When I first started hearing about Love Letters to the Dead, I didn't think I was going to like it. I've been seeing it around a lot more now and I'm starting to get really interested.

Unknown said...

I got this from Netgalley and I'm so excited to get started on it! I do hope it doesn't turn out to be disappointing!
Great pick! :)


-Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Shirin -- You're welcome!

Media, Rachel and Jenna, the more I see it, the more I want to read it! Could definitely be a great one. :)

Kimi -- wow, that's awesome! Can't wait to hear what you think about it!